Pages

Featured Post

Dude...That's Me

I know what you're probably thinking...dude just ripped off Aerosmith.  And then you thought, "Hey, a guy isn't allowed to sew ...

Saturday, July 1, 2017

A Birthday Present

I picked up a pattern to make some aprons, and this is my first run at it.  The pattern was very...involved I guess.  There was just a lot of little things to do to it that I never really gave much thought to.  But hey, those details are what make the apron so pretty and it turned out really well.

I'm not sure if it is acceptable to make the pockets run in a different direction than the main material.  However, I'm going to use my creative license card to get away with it.  I just like the contrast and personally I think it works just fine.  Did you see what I just did there?  I broke outside that little glass box that people like to stay safely tucked inside of!

So this apron is going to be a birthday gift for a friend of mine that I work with.  He is a cook at the restaurant that I work at so I figured an apron would be a fitting gift.  Not to mention, nothing says happy birthday like a hand-made gift.

The pattern was by McCall's (M9269) and comes in an adult and child size along with a pattern for oven mitts in both sizes.  I think I'm going to have some fun with these aprons.  Let's face it, there are an infinite number of ways to make these customizable with fabrics, iron-on designs, monographs, etc.  The fabric was from Wal-Mart, where you can easily find the pattern as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment