Pages

Featured Post

Dude...That's Me

I know what you're probably thinking...dude just ripped off Aerosmith.  And then you thought, "Hey, a guy isn't allowed to sew ...

Thursday, April 27, 2017

Dude...That's Me

I know what you're probably thinking...dude just ripped off Aerosmith.  And then you thought, "Hey, a guy isn't allowed to sew and if he does, he is definitely not allowed to tell anyone else that he sews."  Well, you are correct on both accounts.  I think Steven Tyler is use to being ripped off by now so I doubt his lawyers will come after me.  And as far as a guy admitting to sewing...well, you'll get use to the idea.

Let me tell you a little bit about myself.  I'm a cook at a restaurant...or more accurately, I'm kitchen slave labor.  I went to college for computer science, but I never graduated.  I'm straight (come on, you know you wanted some clarity there), single with no children but I do have a little niece (she's gonna love all the girly crap I make for her...my sister, probably not so much).  I learned to sew a few years back and since times are tough and budgets are tight, I decided to use my old skills to help with a little bit of extra income. 

That's the truth, there's no way around it.  I'm not a stay at home dad with kids that grow like weeds who wants to make clothing on the cheap.  This isn't a hobby I love dearly with my whole heart.  I don't plan on giving much of my stuff away unless I find a special cause.  I do think it's cool as crap the kinds of things that are out there to make, and I suppose that's the side of things that I'm really interested in.

Why did I start this blog then?  Well, the narcissistic side of me says I want to show off all the cool crap I make.  That's kind of true.  I want to document my growth through all of this, because there are a lot of things that I don't know and plenty of skills to hone.  But I also want to make some friends, engage in conversations, share ideas and mostly, LEARN.

I hope you will subscribe to my blog.  I like to keep things light and entertaining.  I hope that you will not just be a silent peruser.  I'm on Google Hangouts and love to chat.

1 comment:

  1. I think that's cool that you are picking up sewing. I love it, so I can relate to anyone who will give it a try.

    ReplyDelete