Pages

Featured Post

Dude...That's Me

I know what you're probably thinking...dude just ripped off Aerosmith.  And then you thought, "Hey, a guy isn't allowed to sew ...

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

The Cape Cod Shirt

So my mom was rummaging through all of her old fabrics and found some really neat stuff.  She should have never shown me this stuff.  I started to drool and got this funny look on my face.  I just couldn't wait to get my hands on it.  No really, I didn't wait...

I'm kind of an air plane junkie.  So this cotton print caught my eye right from the start.  I wanted to make myself a shirt out of it, but there was only about a yard and a quarter of fabric.  Looking through the few patterns I have in my collection, the Cape Cod Shirt by Peek-A-Boo Pattern Shop was one that I had not gotten the chance to sew.  This pattern was a great fit for the fabric.

One of these days I'll have a little dude of my own to sew cool-ass shirts for, but until then, you will just have to settle for finished product pictures without someone to model it off.

 One of my favorite features of this pattern is the rolled up sleeves.  How cool is that?  I decided to use clear buttons so that if you decide to go with the sleeves down, the button doesn't stick out too much.

And of course, the back is pleated and has a yoke, which looks very good.

Wish I had more of this fabric, but all that was left were some small strips and pieces.  I'll hold on to them just in case I run across anything cool to use it with.  Stoked to see what else mom pulls from the fabric time capsule!

No comments:

Post a Comment