Pages

Featured Post

Dude...That's Me

I know what you're probably thinking...dude just ripped off Aerosmith.  And then you thought, "Hey, a guy isn't allowed to sew ...

Thursday, July 13, 2017

A Mighty Morphin Pillow

So my mom was digging through her old fabric and sewing things, and found this awesome pillow panel.  It's an original, 1994 Mighty Morphin Power Rangers pillow panel.  I was so excited when she showed me.  When I was a kid, I was a Power Rangers junkie.  If it had the Power Rangers on it, I wanted it.  T-shirts, lunch boxes, book bags, underwear, toys...anything.  The TV show was my absolute favorite, so much so that I would race home from school on my bike just to be able to catch it when it came on.  Me and my friends would play Power Rangers, I would literally dream about it.  There was nothing more I wanted in my hugely imaginative kid brain than to be a Power Ranger.


So, I did what anyone else would have done.  I made the pillow.  Very simple, obviously, but hugely satisfying to make.  Still on the fence about whether or not I want to keep it for myself or try and sell it.  We'll see what happens!  Talk about a throwback.

No comments:

Post a Comment