Pages

Featured Post

Dude...That's Me

I know what you're probably thinking...dude just ripped off Aerosmith.  And then you thought, "Hey, a guy isn't allowed to sew ...

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Nap Time Mat!

For Mother's Day, I decided to make a nap mat for my sister and my niece. It was actually pretty simple to make once I figured out how I wanted to do it. I found this adorable flannel print at Wal-Mart that was just so soft and perfect for the outer cover. The attached blanket is super soft to the touch.

I made some changes to the original pattern idea. Instead of using quilting batting for the padding, I found a roll of one inch foam that ended up being perfect. It was much easier to work with and it was way softer and more supportive. The length is shorter and I made a smaller pillow. The next ones I make will be about 40 inches for the sleeping part and a full 12 inches for the pillow. This should be plenty of room for a child to sleep on (over three feet long) and the pillow part will be much larger (I think this one I made was about 7 inches).

Credit to prettyprudent.com for the original idea for the nap mat.


I have started taking orders if there is anyone interested in a nap mat of their own.  Click the link at the top of the page that says "Store".


No comments:

Post a Comment