Pages

Featured Post

Dude...That's Me

I know what you're probably thinking...dude just ripped off Aerosmith.  And then you thought, "Hey, a guy isn't allowed to sew ...

Tuesday, June 6, 2017

A Nifty Little Tablet Cover

So for Mother's Day, my dad bought my mom a tablet to help her keep track of her business stuff.  It's handy for quickly checking emails and scheduled events in her calendar.  He neglected to get a screen protector or cover for it.  The way things are around our house, this was just begging for problems.  Stuff just gets set on the table...sometimes on top of other things.  I could just see this beautiful new tablet getting crushed by a bucket full of fresh chicken eggs.  So, I made her a tablet cover.

I'm going to be honest...this was more of a chore to make than I thought it was going to be.  That was mostly due to the fact that I had to quilt the fabric myself.  I found this really cool horse print cotton at Wal-Mart that I knew mom would love.  So I found some brown material that went with it and got some batting.  I figured, sewing two pieces of fabric together with a layer of batting in the middle can't the THAT hard, right?  Well, I was wrong.  It was way more cumbersome than I thought it would be.  This was my first foray into quilting and though I get the concept of it, implementation was a little bit tricky.

The end product looks great though and mom loves it.  There is a spot on the back (which I didn't take a photo of because it would ruin the illusion of perfection...) where I messed up sewing the bias tape on.  Lesson learned.  Other than that, it was awesome.  There is a zipper pouch on the front for her charger, headphones and stylus.  Thanks to So Sew Easy for the tutorial.  This was so much fun and I hope to make a few more to sell soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment